Advent of computers has brought in path breaking revolution in all fields of today's era. With computer programming, it has become possible to reduce human efforts on otherwise tedious tasks.
This is a course on programming in C language coupled with other programming and computer fundamentals that is essential for every programmer. It also covers numerous Problem Sets, Multiple Choice Questions, Quizzes, University Questions , etc which would help a student for his exam.
About the Course:
This course covers C programming fundamentals with detailed and relevant examples for each C program concept. It also has topics under Analysis of Algorithm, Programming Languages, Program Documentation, Operating Systems, Testing and Debugging, Number system and Computer Architecture. The course then extends its scope to the wide range of Problem Sets, Question Banks, Quizzes, University Questions to help students to gear up for their exams.
1. Computer Architecture
2. Input output devices
3. Windows OS
4. Unix OS
5. Intro to Compiler and Compiling
6. Operators and Expressions
7. C tokens
8. Data types in C
9. Input Output Operations
10. Control Structures -If Else
11. Control Structures - Loops
13. Sorting - Searching Algorithms
Practical Slot - 1:
Fundamentals of Computers and Operating System
1) To demonstrate the internal structure of Computer, its assembly, use of each I/O device and ports.
2) To demonstrate the use of System Software like: Windows Operating System, Linux Operating System.
3) To explain about "C" language Complier options and C++ language overview.
Practical Slot - 2:
Fundamentals of "C" language
1) To demonstrate all types of operators (Arithmetic, Logical and Relational) of "C" language.
2) To demonstrate different data types in "C" language.
3) To demonstrate the use of "printf" and "scanf" with all possible options.
Practical Slot - 3:
Fundamentals of Decision Control Structures
1) To demonstrate the use of if-else structure, nested if structure.
2) To demonstrate the use of Conditional operators (? Operator).
3) To demonstrate the use of Switch.Case construct.
Practical Slot - 4:
Fundamentals of Loop Control Structures
1) To demonstrate the use of "while" control structure.
2) To demonstrate the use of "do..while" control structure.
3) To demonstrate the use of "for" control structure.
4) To demonstrate the use of "break" and "continue" construct.
Practical Slot - 5 and 6:
Fundamentals of One Dimensional Arrays
1) To demonstrate the creation of array, addition of an element, deletion of an element and displaying the elements from one dimensional array.
2) To demonstrate the implementation of bubble sort, selection sort and insertion sort.
3) To demonstrate the implementation of linear search and binary search.
Practical Slot - 7:
Fundamentals of Two Dimensional Arrays
1) To demonstrate the matrix manipulation operations like addition, multiplication.
2) To demonstrate the operations on row and columns of two dimensional matrix.
Practical Slot - 8:
Fundamentals of Pointers
1) To demonstrate the pointer declaration and its use.
2) To demonstrate the implementation of pointer on array.
3) To demonstrate the creation of dynamic arrays using pointer.
Practical Slot - 9:
Fundamentals of Strings
1) To demonstrate the basic operations on string like "length", "copy", "reverse", "truncate".
2) To demonstrate the implementation of two dimensional array of characters.
Practical Slot - 10:
Fundamentals of Functions
1) To demonstrate the implementation of functions.
2) To demonstrate the call by value parameter passing method.
3) To demonstrate the call by reference parameter passing method.
Practical Slot - 11:
Fundamentals of Functions
1) To demonstrate the implementation of recursive function.
2) To demonstrate the use of library function (mathematical and string).
Knowledge of basic concepts of Computers till standard XII, familiarity with using the keyboard and mouse, getting online and entering Web addresses, Basic Mathematics till standard XII.
The course text is online at http://www.ezed.in and provides additional exercises and problems. Every lecture contains links to the relevant sections in the text. There are also practice tests and quizzes for each topic.
The class will consist video lectures, which are between 8 and 12 minutes in length. These contain 3-4 integrated quiz questions per video. Also at the end of each video student will get a chance to test his understanding of the concepts through different Quizzes.